Carry Me Home

The week started off normal, getting in my short lunch time runs on Monday and Wednesday. I had fairly good luck with my leg, with little irritation. The runs, however, were torture. I have lost so much conditioning it isn't even funny.

The second half of the week was interrupted by a family trip to my parents home. We hadn't visited with them in my home town for almost 2 years, so our visit was over due. As we drove into town, I just had a calm come over me, it felt so comfortable to be back. It was nice to spend a couple of days with no schedule, no meetings, no appointments, just do what we want when we want. Aah...a perfect prescription.

The only thing that was planned was a family run. In hindsight, this was probably not the best plan. I let Will lead out and couldn't keep him from going out too fast. That took the wind out of Jil and Will. Around 2 miles, I sent them back to the house, and I received the full wrath of Anna, who thought a vacation run was a really bad idea. This parenting thing is though. Just when you think you are doing the right thing and helping your kids toward their goals, they make you out to be Attila the Hun. Luckily the run was a very short segment of the weekend and didn't leave a blemish that would affect everyone's overall enjoyment of the weekend.

Artist for Song in Title: After the Fire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hurtin'

Happy Together

Travelin