Something

At the end of my run the other day, I had a memory of the way SNL character Roseanne Rosannadanna would end her  routines. "Well it just goes to show you, it's always something."

I finally seem to be past my Winter injury and am getting more consistent with my running. And with the weather turning back to Spring-like, I had packed my whole closet for my noon workout. Short sleeve, long sleeve, sleeveless, shorts, tights, hat, sunglasses, gloves, I was prepared for any weather possibilities, almost. I forgot one very important thing - socks. But I figured, hey, it's a short, recovery day, I should be able to do this.

So off I went on my run, sans socks. And you probably know what happened. About 15 minutes in, my little toes started to feel a little rubbing. Nothing too bad, but enough that I knew there was a potential for problems. The good news was that I was already on my return to the gym, so maybe I could get by without too much trouble. Wrong. It just kept getting worse. I did manage to cut the run short by a few minutes, but by that time the damage was already done. Blisters created. Blister on my right little toe popped and skin gone.

I guess that means a few extra days off while I allow my toes to recover. It's always something.

Artist for Song in Title: The Beatles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hurtin'

Happy Together

Travelin