Hot, Hot, Hot

Okay, I have to apologize for a couple of things. First, sorry for not posting for a while. Life has been busy and every time I think of posting I'm away from a computer. Secondly, sorry for taking the easy way out the title.

Indiana has been like the rest of the country this summer - hot. Through July I was holding up pretty well. I was sticking to my usual schedule of lunch time weekdays and mornings on weekends. I increased my hydration and on the really warm, humid days I took my fuel belt as well, even though those runs were less than an hour in length. I think I have been acclimating to the heat and hydrating correctly, because my sweat level has gone off the charts. So much so that on a recent long run I had to bail out a couple miles earlier than planned because my feet were sliding around in my shoes and I could tell that blisters were imminent. I wasn't disappointed with my workouts, but I knew that the heat and humidity were negatively affecting my performance. But the end of July was the end of normal.

August brought with it a total dislike of the heat. I'm usually one that will hang out by the pool long after others have left, but I just don't want to be outside anymore. My bike hasn't been off it's perch in a couple of weeks and I have spent very little time in the pool. The pool one drives me most crazy. If I'm (and my wonderful pool girl wife) going to put the time and money into having a pool in my backyard, then I would prefer to be using it. During our latest heat stretch, I even switched my weekday workouts to early mornings before work.

At least there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel. The forecasts are for the temperatures to break this next week. Let's just hope that is a trend and not an anomaly.

Artist for Song in Title: Buster Poindexter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hurtin'

Travelin

Happy Together