Cold Hands


For the first time in about 2 years single digit temps (Farenheit) hit where I live in the US Midwest. My employer opened a new fitness center (and outdoor track!) on our campus at the beginning of 2013, so it's been interesting to see who waits in line for the treadmills and who heads outside. I don't hate the treadmill,  I just like being outside and getting fresh air.

Today it was 9 F when I headed out the door of the fitness center. As part of the opening festivities, today was planned to be "Pack the Track" day, but that was changed when the mercury dipped. I decided to stay on the track today instead of playing tag with the city stoplights, and was able to have the track all to myself. The medium wind made it a little cold on my face for the first half mile or so, but after that I was very comfortable.

When I headed back in, I got to spend my stretching time being called "dedicated", "crazy", and "mental". I just tell people if you have good clothes, layer them, and limit exposed skin, it isn't cold at all.

When is it too cold for you to head out?

Artist for Song in Title: AFI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hurtin'

Happy Together

Travelin