Puffy Little Shoes: Asics Gel-Landreth 5

Finally, the long awaited day arrived. Time to get new shoes. I probably waited too long, but after having to get out of my last pair of Brooks Glycerin 5's after foot injuries and only 200 miles, I decided I wanted to get my moneys worth out of the Asics Landreth 4's. And boy did I. Because of budgeting and trying to maximize my discounts at The Running Company, I ended up putting 530+ miles in them. The uppers still looked good, but I had worn through some of the rubber on the soles and the ride was getting pretty firm. But I also didn't have injury issues either. Regardless, the time has come to retiree another pair and move on.

Since I haven't run any more than on the sidewalk outside the store, I really can't give a fair review, but I will after I put out some miles. They did feel really soft compared to the 4, but don't know if that is because of a shoe design change, or the fact that my 4's were really beyond their life.

I did try both a pair of Mizuno Wave Creation and a pair of Nike Zoom Vromero 4. The Nikes felt a little narrow in the fore foot and I think would have left me with numb feet after a couple of miles but I think the Mizunos would have worked. In the end, I went for the last and upper that I was used to. It didn't hurt that the accent color is....orange.

In case you are wondering about this entry title, I'm trying to follow Anna's suggestion to include song titles in each of the titles. If you didn't get the artist on this one: The Presidents of the United States of America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Hurtin'

Happy Together

Travelin